Home / How to set up the Infoticker widget for your stream
08 Jan 2020 - 16:53
Add the practical Infoticker widget to your stream with the CamOverlay App. With this widget, you can communicate information via text directly in your stream. It’s ideal for uses such as promo events, displaying information about your broadcast, a competition or even informing viewers on how to support a good cause. The steps are easy and are described below.
1. Sign into the camera’s web interface, install the CamStreamer App and CamOverlay App in the App section, and buy a license for them at www.camstreamer.com.
Tip: A free 30-day license for both applications can be acquired at the camstreamer.com website; this way you don’t have to pay for the license before you make your settings, allowing you to try it out before purchasing
2. Open the user interface of the CamOverlay App (the link can be found in the Axis camera’s interface; click on the Open button in the Apps tab).
3. In the CamOverlay App, select the preset Info Ticker service. This is the service that makes it possible to depict 3. overlay graphics with a text banner (ticker).
4. The service can be set up in just a few easy steps.
Click on Save all changes – your widget is now set up!
Tip: Make sure the same resolution is set in the live view as in required outgoing stream. Ideally, the widget should be checked after carrying out the next step, i.e. setting up streaming on the site you’ll be streaming to (e.g. to YouTube or Facebook).
5. Now you can set up the live stream from your camera in the CamStreamer App. You can open its user interface in the upper panel of the CamOverlay App or directly in the camera’s interface. Here you’ll find a number of services with user-friendly settings.
Tip: Descriptions of the settings for the most commonly used services can be found here in our use cases: YouTube integration and Facebook integration.
6. And you’re done! Enjoy your new live stream!